Filed under Editorials, Showcase

Catastrophe in the Cafeteria

The lunch line is a place where students wait to get their lunch. It shouldn’t take that long right? Maybe 15 minutes? Wrong. At Bret Harte Middle School, waiting to get your lunch will take up to 30-40 minutes. Maybe even your whole lunch break.

And for what? By the time you’re in line, all of the food is practically gone. You’re left with a choice of cold pizza or soggy salad. Also, the proportion of food to the price for it is way off. Seriously, who wants to pay $2.50 for a slice of pizza or a suspicious chicken sandwich? And not to mention, you don’t even get full off of the food. By 6th period, your stomach is already growling once again. Although the food looks sanitary, do we even know if it is? You never see hairnets covering the lunch ladies’ heads. So how do we know if the food is really clean?

You wait in a half hour lunch line, receive suspicious food, and then you only have a few minutes to finish it. If we want to succeed as a school then we need to better our lunch. For starters, no more wasting money on food that kids don’t even eat. Everyday, there are dozens of salads and sandwiches that don’t get eaten. And they’re the same items. Taco salads, fruit salads, ham sandwiches… the list goes on and on.

. Second, we need the lunch ladies to wear hairnets. Personally, I think it’s a safety hazard that needs to be put to an end. Hundreds of other students would agree. Third, this ‘lunch line’ that goes halfway across campus needs to stop. Kids can’t spend their whole lunch standing in line because it’s not healthy. If we’re supposed to move around and play, how can we when we’re still waiting to get our food? Maybe we should start using the auditorium too for backup; it’s not like we use it.

Fourth, we need better food. If the school wants kids to get other things besides pizza everyday, they need something that kids will actually eat. Because frankly, to most students the pizza is the only good thing at Bret Harte.

In conclusion, we as a school need to work together to at least try to perfect our lunch. It can’t keep going on like this, something will happen and the district will face a problem. Maybe if we ban together as a school, we can say no more to awful school lunch.

1 Comment

One Response to “Catastrophe in the Cafeteria”

1. Due on January 26th, 2017 8:13 am

True. The lunch is bad

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• Catastrophe in the Cafeteria

Showcase

U.S. Launches Missiles at Syria in Response to Chemical Attack

• Catastrophe in the Cafeteria

Showcase

Freedom of Speech or Freedom of Hate?

• Catastrophe in the Cafeteria

Showcase

Hayward Hero Lost

• Catastrophe in the Cafeteria

Showcase

Famous Ball Brothers

• Catastrophe in the Cafeteria

Showcase

Pedophilia In Disney?

• Catastrophe in the Cafeteria

Showcase

The Strange Deep

• Catastrophe in the Cafeteria

Showcase

How to Spot Fake News

• Catastrophe in the Cafeteria

Showcase

Hot Cheetos

• Catastrophe in the Cafeteria

Basketball

Cavaliers Getting Even Better?

• Catastrophe in the Cafeteria

Showcase

The Reality of College

Catastrophe in the Cafeteria